Is your small store, restaurant, clinic, school, consulting office or any other commercial property built with T1-11 siding? You are most likely aware of the pros and cons of this type of siding and the measures to keep it in great shape.
T1-11 siding is a wood or wood-based siding. If you haven’t heard of T1-11 before, it used to be really popular back in the day due to its natural wood grain look that people liked. However, it has fallen from favor in recent years. T1-11 comes in two types:
- Plywood – A type of T1-11 siding made from plywood materials. The plywood option stands up better to weather elements than its oriented strand board (OSB) counterpart.
- Oriented strand board (OSB) — Another type of T1-11 siding having the appearance of its plywood counterpart. However, it is actually made from wood flakes combined and pressed together to form a whole panel. However, OSB is weaker compared to plywood because it is prone to absorb moisture. This leads to the weakening of the siding, along with surface issues such as peeling and cracks.
Although its popularity has been taken over by other types of siding, such as natural wood, vinyl, and engineered wood, T1-11 is still very much available. It can be seen in many homes, outbuildings, and smaller commercial buildings.
One of the advantages of T1-11 siding is its versatility. It can be painted, stained, cut, and styled in different ways to achieve a variety of looks. T1-11 is also one of the economical siding options. However, it requires regular repainting and maintenance to protect it from heat and especially moisture, and to maintain its attractive appearance.
Custom Painting, Inc. has a team of the best commercial painters in San Ramon who works with different types of siding, including the T1-11 siding. We repair and paint or stain your T1-11 siding to restore its appearance and ultimately extend the useful life of your commercial building.
Benefits of T1-11 siding painting
Knowing the significant weaknesses of T1-11 siding, you must have it maintained as regularly as possible to maintain an attractive curb appeal and protect the siding from the elements.
While preventative maintenance can mean shelling out your money or resources, you should also see it as an investment. Moreover, it can also save you from spending on costlier repairs.
- Improved aesthetics – Painting or staining your T1-11 siding gives it a fresh new look that will boost your commercial building’s curb appeal and attract potential customers.
- Enhanced durability and protection – You need to repaint or re-stain your T1-11 siding to add a layer of durability and protection from the heat, moisture, and insects. It preserves your T1-11 siding and makes it last longer.
- Maintained or increased property value – According to several studies, a fresh coat of paint or stain can increase your commercial building’s resale value by around 2% to 5%. If you’re going to sell or lease your commercial space to potential buyers or investors, give your T1-11 siding a fresh coat of quality paint or stain with the right colors and finishes, and watch getting a lot of offers soon!
What we offer
Here are the typical steps in painting T1-11 siding:
- Inspection and preparation – Our crew inspects your T1-11 siding for damage such as cracks and holes. Then they prepare the surfaces – cleaning, drying out, and making the necessary repairs, sanding, and priming before painting. In addition, our crew prepares the work area by covering doors, windows, decks, bushes, etc. with drop cloths.
- Color consultation and selection – Our color consultants discuss with clients about the colors to be used for the siding. We explore various color and shade options and take the architectural aspects of your property into account as bases for your color choices. Next, we provide color samples and conduct testing to help clients observe how colors change throughout the day, under different lighting conditions. Once all the color options are sampled and evaluated, we and the client reach an agreement on the color palette.
- Professional painting – Our crew paints the cleaned, dried and prepared T1-11 siding through any application methods, although spraying paint is generally the most preferred. Following the paint job, we do some touch-ups or detailed paint work if needed.
- Quality assurance – Finally, our crew does a walkthrough and final inspection to ensure that we carried the work to industry standards and to customer satisfaction.
We always provide warranties! We always stand behind our work by providing our clients with a written warranty after our job is completed. Our warranty should cover any defects and errors as a result of our workmanship.
Why choose Custom Painting, Inc.?
If you’re looking for painters in San Ramon that have the knowledge, expertise, and experience in all things paint and siding, turn to Custom Painting, Inc.! We are a licensed, bonded, and insured residential and commercial painting service company with over 40 years in the industry. You can trust us to complete cleaning, repairing, and painting or staining your T1-11 siding and restore it to its original appearance and beauty.
If the cost of quality professional services is one of your concerns, do not worry because Custom Painting, Inc. offers competitive rates and flexible payment options. We offer a detailed and transparent job quote so that you know what to expect, without worrying about additional or “surprise” charges (that other painting companies usually do during the paint project).
You can rely on Custom Painting, Inc. to provide affordable yet quality interior and exterior painting services for residential and commercial properties. Besides exterior and interior painting, we offer other services such as drywall repair, acoustic ceiling removal, custom crown molding installation, wallpaper removal, decorative painting, and many more.
Custom Painting, Inc. guarantees our clients a very reasonable yet quality painting and repair service, thanks to our skilled, experienced, and dedicated crew. If your commercial property is built with T1-11 siding that needs repair or paint, call Custom Painting Inc. at 925-866-9610 to get started!